On Saturday 29 January 2005 04:40 am, teguh wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have some questions and do need your help since I'm
> really,really,really new in Linux.
>
>    1. on booting my comp shows this status "Bringing up interface
>       loopback eth0  FAILED". But the rest are OK. What does it mean?
>       and  how to fix it?
This means a network or internet connection could not be established - or
possibly that your network card is not present. Someone might have a more
accurate definition for you.
>    2. And on the taskbar (at the bottom right) there's an orange circle
>       telling network down....blah....blah...blah....(don't remember
>       exactly!!). can anyone tell me what happened with my computer? I
>       use Mandrake 10.0; KDE 3.2
This is as a result of the former/
>    3. what is the command to install or to upgrade using console?For
>       example, i have MySQL 4.0.18 in my comp now and want to be
>       upgraded to MySQL 4.0.21. does this group have archives about
>       Linux commands?
On any rpm based system, you can just download that package from the mysql
website and install it. The command would be:

rpm -Uhv newer-package.rpm

But mandrake also has a great set of tools called 'urmp' that would be even
easier - as long as the packages in the repository are as up to date as you
need.

If you want more detail on any of these, just shout.

Regards,

Jarlath