[REMOVED earlier text]

> I was just doing some re-reading of your message. Your ZIP device should
> not be /dev/hdd. You say it is the slave on the first IDE channel?
>
> "Ribbon1: Lite On DVD writer and Zip 100"
>
> This would be /dev/hdb, not /dev/hdd. So this would be something like
> "/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0". I am still figuring out the naming
> conventions - I only have 1 device/cable on this machine, so I am
> guessing at the second device. In any case, you may want to check
> /var/log/dmesg to see wnat Linux is calling the device. It should list
> everything detected on the IDE bus, even if it doesn't know how to
> handle it. The names are directly from the device. Also, what does
> "ls /dev/hd*" show? Do you have a /dev/hdb? I wish I had an IDE ZIP
> drive here so I could check on it myself.
>
> Mikkel

Here some IDE stuff from dmesg

-------------------------------------
ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
PIIX4: IDE controller at PCI slot 0000:00:07.1
PIIX4: chipset revision 1
PIIX4: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
    ide0: BM-DMA at 0x1420-0x1427, BIOS settings: hda:pio, hdb:DMA
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0x1428-0x142f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:pio
Probing IDE interface ide0...
hda: Maxtor 51536H2, ATA DISK drive
hdb: WDC WD1200JB-00EVA0, ATA DISK drive
Using anticipatory io scheduler
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
Probing IDE interface ide1...
hdc: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-451S, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdd: IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI Floppy, ATAPI FLOPPY drive
ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15

ls /dev/h*
/dev/hda   /dev/hdb   /dev/hdb2  /dev/hdb6  /dev/hdc
/dev/hda1  /dev/hdb1  /dev/hdb5  /dev/hdb7

I guess I need an hdd,  which is what I used in 9.2, but it was their at 9.2
installation.

How should I create hdd, and what should my fstab entry be? I am using fat32
format on the disk. Should I format it to something else?

Mike