h k ball wrote:
Anne, Kaj ...

... typed XFdrake in root directory, got

"program not found"

... Kaj, I don't have a GUI yet, that's my main problem .. rebooted, when I got to
sign-in, typed "mcc" then my root password, got

"type root pasword for maintenace"

... one other thing, the other day I got locked up, had to bale out without
logoff or exit ...
since then, during boot-up, have gotten this (dev/hda5 is my root directory):

dev/hda5 contains a file system with errors, check forced
dev/hda5 unattached inode 108633
dev/hda5 unexpected inconsistancy, run fsck manually
give root password for maintenance...

... maybe need to start over, re-install Mandrake ???

HK

It is asking for the root password, so it can put you in the maintence mode. If you enter the correct password, and then run
"fsck -a /dev/hda5" to fix the problem. (I normaly don't advice using -a, but in this case, it is probably the best option.)

Once you have that fixed, you can reboot, log in as root, and run XFdrake to configure X.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!