On Friday 04 March 2005 19:47, h k ball wrote:

<snip>
> (1) ... if I'm going to migrate to Linux from Windows I need to
> transfer alot of files, there's got to be a better way from what
> I'm doing, which is sending stuff to my webpage, then
> accessing/downloading them through Firefox ... any more direct
> way (haven't figured out how to communicate on my office LAN yet)
</snip>

Welcome back, h k...

I didn't realize you were running 6.0, but it induces that nostalgic
feeling in me.

If, by any chance, you are dual-booting Linux and another OS, an
easy way to transfer files is to create an extra FAT32  partition
in the middle to share files.  Most OS's can read and write to
FAT32.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *