Kaj ...

... haven't given up on 6.0 yet, kind of a challenge ... have it working in
partiton in CLI (you taught me that terminology) on my desktop (Intel32,
256mb ram, 700mH, 20 gb hd), now that I have 10.1 running in VMware on my
new (AMD64, 500mb ram, 2.0mH, 60gb hd) laptop, with KDE running and Foxfire
installed, my learning curve has accelaerated a bit, got more ideas for
things to try on 6.0 to get KDE going ... mainly grinding through the 1000
different possible configuration combinations using that old Xconfigurator

... 10.1 bombed out on my desktop in the first 30 seconds of the boot-up
install, didn't like my disk drive partitions (old machine, badly chopped
up with 6-7 partitons, been re-partitioned alot) ..

... my new laptop refuses to be partitioned by either my Partition Magic,
or by 10.1 when I tried to install it from bootup, that's why I had to go
the VMware route (very sluggish, but totally functional) ..

... so, think I can go back and squeeze in a small Fat32 partition on my
desktop, along the lines of your suggestion, but cannot for 10.1 on my
laptop ..

.. one thought - I'm on the internet in Linux through my wireless local LAN
network just fine, could Windows send stuff to Linux over that LAN network
?

HK