Russ Kepler wrote:

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 01:54 pm, Julie Sloan wrote:

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 03:17 pm, Duncan Anderson wrote:

Editing text files is particularly irritating because my fingers operate
in "vi" mode reflexively.

I am looking forward to some day soon being able to say the same thing. :)

As long as you don't invoke the dreaded emacs you're all right with me. (There's something wrong with an editor that hauls around an eliza in every instance).

Too many years of using Word Star. I feel right at home in Joe. But then, I am at home with the editor that comes with Midnight Commander (mcedit), and a couple of flavors of Norton Editor. I can use VI, but it will never be my favorite...

Mikkel