Anne Wilson wrote:

Thanks for taking a look Anne.

Not sorted yet, though I have tried. XCDRoast gets about 3-4% into a burn then stops ~ another dvd_coaster anyone. Whereas k3b does the prep work and without burning anything, it to stops ~ yet another dvd_coaster.

It seems that something is not configured properly on my system so any clues as where to start looking are most welcome. In fact, if anyone finds a good howto burn tutorial for mdk10 that includes troubleshooting, I would be most grateful.

I have tried all the following:

http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/

http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/-RW/ ( The discs I am using are dvd-r )

http://k3b.plainblack.com ( Signed up for this one but no feedback yet to my new thread. )

and of course all my forum wanderings, justlinux, linuxquestions, etc.

I have installed stuff as a result that I never knew existed - but to no avail as yet.

Basically what I'm looking for is stuff that relates to where to look for troubleshooting a system that is not playing ball.

I need to clean a partition so as to sandbox 10.1 to take a look at. I thought it would be straight forward to burn 4gigs to a dvd ~ just my luck.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213