On Thursday 10 Mar 2005 11:04, SnapafunFrank wrote:
> Back again.
>
> Everything seemed to burn OK and I can see the whole file structure when
> I mount the dvd disc.
>
> However, I am unable to open any files. They are listed OK, but as user
> or root I cannot open them. I get the error message re:
>
> An error occurred while loading file:/mnt/dvd-rw/Bash/HOWTO/Advanced
> Bash-Scripting HOWTO.html:
> Could not read file /mnt/dvd-rw/Bash/HOWTO/Advanced Bash-Scripting
> HOWTO.html
>
> It was the "Could not read......." bit that had me open konqueror from
> konsole as root, but the same result.
>
> Any ideas anyone ?

Hmm - glad you said that.  I've just burned 2 dvds of backup with XCDRoast.
The first one reads fine, but the second one doesn't.  Looking at the burn
surface, it should have been almost completely full, and it is only about 2.3
full, so I guess I didn't check the messages when it said it was complete.
Teach me a lesson, though.  I always used to verify backups and I've got lazy
since I changed to linux.  Now I'll go back and burn it again, and I'll
verify this time.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels