On Monday 14 Mar 2005 05:29, rikona wrote:

> I just burned a few non-crucial photos to CD using k3b, to give to
> someone else. I did a quick drag and drop, and a slightly different
> sets of options seemed to come up, and in this window was an option to
> do a binary compare. I selected it and it did a verify/compare. I'm
> not sure what was different in my first test of k3b, when it did not
> seem to give me that option, but it DOES look like it will do a
> verify. Whew! Makes us paranoid folks feel lots better. A happy camper
> again....

Hi, Rikona.  I tend to use k3b for somethings and XCDRoast for others.  I find
it easier, for instance, to backup /home/anne excluding certain things in
XCDRoast, which is why I've mainly used it for backup.  I couldn't see an
easy way to do that in k3b. Looking at it again, though, it just does things a
different way i.e. add a whole directory, expand it, then Remove the bits you
don't want.  Maybe it's time to move to k3b for all the work.

Thanks for passing this on.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels