If it's a Mac program written for Mac OSX, it should be pretty easy to run on Linux because Mac OSX is Unix under the hood (well, "Unix-like"; the guts of OSX is a version of BSD). A lot of Mac OSX programs have Linux equivalents; others that come in source code format can usually be compiled under Linux.

For pre-OSX Macs, uh, well, I think you're probably out of luck, unless someone has written some emulator software somewhere that'll do the trick.

PG

M.Schild wrote:

Hi,
someone just sent me this question. I, (of course) couldnīt answer but no doubt one of you will.

Could you please ask one of your buddies that run Linux if Mac programs can be run from a pc that uses Linux?

Maryse