riccardo wrote:

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 07:28 pm, Paul Greene wrote:

because Mac OSX is Unix under the hood

___________________

the web page :

                http://www.macwindows.com/emulator.html

has stuff about: Running Mac OS on other Platforms

the emulator BOCHS may be able to do it?

best rgds
_________

Last I knew there wasn't any Mac emulator worth-mentioning for x86 that could emulate PPC chips, just 68k. So you could play Lemmings, use MS works 3.0, and connect to a LocalTalk network (As long as you had an old Mac around to grab a ROM image from, or downloaded an illegal un-licensed one)... but nothing much better :-). I think I almost had Starcraft working with Basilisk on Windows 2000 with Mac OS 8.1... almost. But I'd prefer to keep an ol' Mac around in a closet for revival-at-whim then run an emulator like Basilisk. Better yet, Pingus (Lemmings), OpenOffice (Works), and Netatalk (LocalTalk) instead :-).

      SigmaX

--
Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862
http://counter.li.org

"If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is Dolby
Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is free."