Hi All

Well the positive news is that I am able to connect the two computers and
transfer files by fish even though I am unable to log off the computer I am
SSH into without rebooting that computer so I have fish working with a slight
issues.

Next item on the Network agenda is to access the "Test Data Base" that I have
on one box using OpenOffice 1.9 database management program in the other box.

You may recall that I have two Mandrake 10.1 boxes connected with a router
[Fire wall currently turned off. Fire will to be activated after I figure out
DB connection procedure.]

Anyway I did the following in this attempt to connect:

Opened OpenOffice 1.9 selected new DB and then connect to an existing DB.
[Why connect to an existing DB is under "Create New DB" instead of being under
"Open" is beyond my grasp but that is where it is located.]

Anyway a dialog box opens where you can either directly enter the file name or
select by browse for the directory where the DB is located you want to
connect to.

I tried entering:
http://branch @192.168.1.3/home/Test-DB

I received the folowing notice:
The file does not exist. Would you like to create it?

I tried entering:
fish://branch @192.168.1.3/home/Test-DB

And I again received the folowing notice:
The file does not exist. Would you like to create it?

If anyone knows how to use OpenOffice DB manager to connect to a DB in another
computer I would appreciate a little guidance in doing such.

Thanks
Frank