On Thursday 10 March 2005 03:16, Amy wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:58:43 +0000, Derek Jennings
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The command
> > modinfo 3c59x
> > lists the options for that driver, and we can refer to this page for a
> > description http://www.scyld.com/vortex.html
> >
> > To force this driver to be full duplex edit the file /etc/modprobe.conf
> > as root user
> > (Alt+F2 and type 'kdesu konqueror' in the box to get a root copy of
> > konqueror file manager)
> > Add the line
> > options 3c59x full_duplex=1
> >
> > Then reboot
> >
> > derek
>
> Do I have to reboot? Shouldn't there be some way to restart the
> card/settings/whatever without rebooting? I'm spoiled and really
> really don't want to have to reboot my computer unless it is
> absolutely required. It feels like it takes too frellin' long to wait
> for it to shut down and restart itself. *pout*

No rebooting is not essential.  I just thought for a recent Windows refugee it
would be something you were used to doing.

ifdown and ifup are  sufficient to cause the card to autodetect again, but it
will not force reloading of the driver. What you need to do is

service network stop
rmmod 3c59x
modprobe 3c59x
service network start