[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

I would run "urpmi libXaw3d7" and use the pre-build Mandrake package.
But if you realy want to compile it yourself, start by installing the
libxorg-x11-devel package. It contains imake, along with other things
you will need. Then you will need to see what other development packages
you need to build the Xaw3d libraries...

Thanks. Mandrake answers me: `Everything already installed' in both cases, i.e. when I say `# urpmi libXaw3d7' and also whan I say `# urpmilibxorg-x11-devel'. But the trouble is, that when I build Emacs CVS it doesn't detect the presence of Xaw3d in my system (that's why I tried to install it manually): in fact, when I run `$ ./configure' from Emacs CVS source dir, the following output appears:

  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -lungif?                                 yes
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars?                   no

. I had to install manually also jpeg, tiff, gif and png in order to get those
'yes'.
Any other suggestion?

Rodolfo

Run "urpmi libXaw3d7-devel", "urpmi libtiff3-devel", and so forth for all the packages you need. The libraries are probably already installed, but you need the development packages that go with them if you want to compile your own programs that use them.

If you realy want to compile it yourself, you can probable run

imake -I../../config/cf -DTOPDIR=../.. -DCURRENTDIR=lib/Xaw3d

instead of

../../config/imake/imake -I../../config/cf -DTOPDIR=../.. -DCURRENTDIR=lib/Xaw3d

but I think you would be better off installing the development packages instead of compiling the libraries yourself. Unless you are carefull about how you do it, you stand a good chance of breaking things, especialy if there is a security update for one of the packages. Having a library installed as an rpm, and then compiling and installing the same library is not realy a good idea.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!