Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> Rodolfo,
>   You should realy find the development package for the Xaw3d library.
> To compile the package yourself, you will need to install a LOT more
> source. Basicly, you need the X source. You also need more help then I
> can give you to do it that way. While it would be a good learning
> experence, it probably isn't one you are ready for yet. (I am not sure I
> am ready for it, and I have a fair amount of experence building from
> source.)

O.k., Mikkel, you convinced me (however I don't dislike learning to compile
packages from source, in fact in future I'm thinking of getting into
Linux From Scratch).
From
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandrake/10.1/i586/media/main/libXaw3d7-devel-1.5-13mdk.i586.html
I downloaded libXaw3d7-devel-1.5-13mdk.i586.rpm,
copied into ~/tmp and there did:
# rpm -i libXaw3d7-devel-1.5-13mdk.i586.rpm
. Now, when I run `$ ./configure'
from Emacs CVS source dir, there are all `yes':

  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 yes
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -lungif?                                 yes
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars?                   yes

. Your help was important as usual. Thanks.
Rodolfo

P.S.: What do you think about Linux from Scratch?

Navighi a 2 MEGA e i primi 3 mesi sono GRATIS.
Scegli Libero Adsl Flat senza limiti su http://www.libero.it