Aron Smith wrote:

On Saturday 12 March 2005 03:26 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

O.k., Mikkel, you convinced me (however I don't dislike learning to compile
packages from source, in fact in future I'm thinking of getting into
Linux From Scratch)

Will be intrested in how you come out on this

Linux from Scratch [ www.linuxfromscratch.org ] is something I myself would recommend for those new to Linux so do not take the following as anything other than a possible alternative.

In your case I suspect you are capable of digging a little into the Linux system so would suggest that a copy of LPIC would be more helpful. It is a great reference book in simple to understand language and though points towards certification, I am actually learning heaps using it.

So if you are leaning this way take a look here : http://www.examcram2.com/title/0789731274

Hoping this doesn't confuse.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213