Anne Wilson wrote:

On Sunday 13 Mar 2005 02:35, SnapafunFrank wrote:

rikona wrote:

Hello SnapafunFrank,

Saturday, March 12, 2005, 3:21:26 PM, SnapafunFrank wrote:

S> I switched back to the cheap ones and burned at speed = 1.0 and
S> they then worked.

Did you ever try a compare or verify to make sure they actually have
good data?

To be honest - no ~ but the files themselves never opened no matter what
I tried, even though the full directory structures were in place and I
was able to move down through them to the files. Note: the files
themselves did show the correct file sizes when listed within konqueror
using list the detail mode. and with the # ls -al command from konsole.

You need to be sure, if you are going to rely on this. Check the permissions of the files. If necessary try to open them as root. If you can't even do that the backup is pretty useless, I would have thought.

Anne

Thanks Anne but the above response says that I tossed the dvds I didn't trust. And like you have started to from now on, I'm checking the dvds before I consider them available for later recall.

AS to permissions, it seems that regardless of what I set or who I am when burning, the owner always comes back as root:root so I have to dig further to correct that one, though I know I set it within xcdroast initially.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213