Anne Wilson wrote:
On Sunday 13 Mar 2005 02:35, SnapafunFrank wrote:

rikona wrote:

Hello SnapafunFrank,

Saturday, March 12, 2005, 3:21:26 PM, SnapafunFrank wrote:

S> I switched back to the cheap ones and burned at speed = 1.0 and
S> they then worked.

Did you ever try a compare or verify to make sure they actually have
good data?

To be honest - no ~ but the files themselves never opened no matter what I tried, even though the full directory structures were in place and I was able to move down through them to the files. Note: the files themselves did show the correct file sizes when listed within konqueror using list the detail mode. and with the # ls -al command from konsole.

You need to be sure, if you are going to rely on this. Check the permissions of the files. If necessary try to open them as root. If you can't even do that the backup is pretty useless, I would have thought.

Anne

I think we have a bit of cross communication here. It is not the bad DVDs that you need to check, but the ones you think are good. Make sure the backups are working correctly.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!