Hello Mikkel,

Sunday, March 13, 2005, 1:31:52 PM, Mikkel wrote:

>> Agree totally! BUT - from the recent messages, it appears that
>> there is NO WAY to verify a just-burned CD/DVD to make sure the
>> data is the same and can be read OK. Still looking......
>>

MLE> It depends on how you built the backup.

It seems I was mistaken about k3b - it DOES do a binary verify of
data. I recently put in a DVD burner in one box, and fired up k3b to
test it out. In this first test of both, it did not seem to have a
verify option, and so I started asking about ways to verify, perhaps
using other software.

I just ran a small copy of a few photos to CD using k3b, and in this
case I did get an option to verify, which it did. Seems much more
reasonable that it would. Don't know what happened the first time.

Perhaps people were being nice to me by not pointing out that k3b
really does verify, thus showing how dumb my first conclusion and
statement really was. :-)

Thanks.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]