On Thursday 10 Mar 2005 16:59, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> It sounds like the directory structure is there, but not the data it
> points to. I don't know much about DVD writers, but I have run into this
> when burning CDs. Sometimes I can get around it by burning at a slower
> speed, but sometimes the only fix is to use a different brand of blank
> media. It shouldn't make a difference, but some drives like one brand of
> media better then another. And it may be the generic media that burns
> well, and the more expensive "brand name" media that fails.
>
> I end up keeping a couple different brands of blank media here, because
> the burners I use don't agree on what media they like best.

I think the quality of disks is more important in dvd-burning than in
cd-burning - presumably because of the higher density.  I bought this pack at
a computer fair, for convenience, but that is the second coaster out of the
pack of 25.  The other one was burned on a stand-alone dvd recorder.  In
future I shall only buy good branded disks.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels