Amy wrote:
Hey guys,

I want to connect my Nokia 6800 phone to my computer to put my own
images on it (the ones that came with it suck, and the ones I can
download are over priced for what they are), and I was wondering if
anyone's been able to connect a mobile phone to a computer running
Mandrake in order to upload pictures and sounds to it? More
specifically, has anyone gotten the Nokia 6800 connected correctly?

I'm tight on money at the moment, and so I'd like to avoid spending
money on a data cable that's going to do me no good. I haven't had
much, if any luck, with what I saw on Google, and I didn't see
anything about connecting mobile phones in the list's Wiki.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Amy

I can't speak to Nokia from experience, but I've gotten Samsung and Sanyo phones connected to Mandrake with bitpim (http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/). The bitpim site only indicates one Nokia phone model known to work, but states others may work, though they are untested. You'll need a USB cable made for your phone, and it looks like you can get one here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5755884150&category=20366

I bought my cable on eBay, and it worked like a charm. The eBay knock-offs are about $50 less than the cable the phone vendors sell.

Good luck!