Anne Wilson wrote:

On Saturday 02 Apr 2005 13:22, Daniel Anderson wrote:

With the original 4k ram ...none of that sissy 16k expansion stuff ;-)

Or the 720k drives.

Weren't they the double-density ones? I seem to remember 360k in the heady days of my first floppy drive - before that it was stretch audio tape. Of course my Spectrum had 48k RAM, whereas my first computer, ZX81 had 1k on board and 4k on an add-on pack that had to be strapped up with insultating tape to stop it wobbling and whiting everything out.

Anne

360k were the orginal one-sided 3.5" floppies. 720k were the one-sided high density ones :-). My first desktop was a Mac SE FDHD; i.e. the first Mac ever to come with a high density floppy drive :-). Betwen a whopping 1.4MB of space-per-floppy and a huge 20 MB hard disk, and the fully-upgrade 4 MB of RAM, I was all set!

Makes me feel young though... 1k of RAM? Gee whiz. I guess there wasn't much eye candy, huh? :-P.

SigmaX

--
Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862
http://counter.li.org

I'm a SDA... 'a who?" you say? See below:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/sda.htm<<
Why?:
http://www.matthewmcgee.org/prophesy.html<<