On Saturday 02 Apr 2005 13:20, SigmaX wrote:

> Makes me feel young though... 1k of RAM?  Gee whiz.  I guess there
> wasn't much eye candy, huh? :-P.

Eye candy?  We built pictures from white blocks on the black screen! <g>

It was almost 6 years after that when I got my first pc - with a monochrome
green screen.  I remember that awful sinking feeling when I saw the C:\ and
didn't know what to do next.  I also remember that there was no affordable
software at first that did what I had been doing on the Spectrum - accounts,
database, spreadsheets and so on.  As for graphics - no way!

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels