On April 2, 2005 05:26, Daniel Anderson wrote:
> On Friday 01 April 2005 04:49 pm, Erylon Hines wrote:
> > On Friday 01 April 2005 12:40 pm, Daniel Anderson wrote:
> > | I'm going back to my TRS80 model 4.
> > |
> > | Dan
> >
> > OMG!  I had one of those.  I think it cost- like -
> > $1650, which is probably about $10,000 in today's dollars.
>
> I still have mine, still works, dabbled a little in basic with it. I put in
> the extra memory and two 720k drives. Paid $50 for it used.
>
> > And the first 386/25.  I still have that laying around somewhere, or at
> > least pieces of it--4 MEGS of RAM-whoo hoo--that was one hell of a
> > machine. I actually ran Linux on it, for a while, kernel 1.x something,
> > maybe 1.2, I can't remember exactly.  Yup, them were the good ole days.

I've got you all beat. I started on a Cosmac Elf with 256 bytes of static ram,
a hex keypad and 2-digit 7-segment display! An RCA-1802, the best 8 bit cpu
ever built. Composite tv output (40x25), and audio tape storage were also
available. My brothers and I soldered the components onto the motherboard
ourselves.

And I walked to work bare feet in the snow, 5 miles, up hill both ways 8^).

--
Ron
ronhd at users dot sourceforge dot net

Opinions expressed here are all mine.

"As you know, necessity is the mother of invention.
I don't know who the father is. Remorse, I guess." - Red Green