Anne Wilson wrote:

We had a Computer Group in Huddersfield, rather like the LUGs today. We all carted down our heavyweights and plugged them in on trestle tables, with adapters on adapters <g>. On one occasion I actually had the output of another computer on my ZX81 screen!

Anne

Wow! That is impressive! I remember we used to connect Tandy 100 portables to a UNIX box and use them as rudimentary terminals while testing some comms software we were writing, but to do it with a ZX81! (bows and scrapes in obeisance to true geek divinity)

The Spectrums were much easier to link up. Do you remember ZX-Net? And Red Box, where you could use the mains circuit for networking your Speccys?

cheers
Duncan