... maybe.  Xconfigurator does an okay job, but the last time I used
it (Mandrake 6.0, I think) it would not set the DefaultColorDepth line
even if you did not pick a resolution for a color depth other than 8-bit.

if you have XF86Setup installed, that may work better.  If not, then
you'll have to (gasp!) edit an ASCII config file by hand.

Depending on what monitor settings you want to change, though, xvidtune
may the utility for you.  It's hard to say; you weren't very verbose in
your e-mail.

-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>