Ganesh,
Call the manufacturer for specific info, but I'm thinking"soft" is
short for "software", meaning the modem may require software to work.
This software is most likely for windoze.  It's also a PCI modem.
Have you searched the archives, yet?  This problem is pretty routine,
has been addressed many times, and is well documented.  Okay, I'll say
it....  It's probably a Winmodem, and will not, no matter how hard you
try, work w/ Linux.  It's designed only for Windoze :-(   A decent ISA
modem will cost you around $50-60, and needs no software to work.
Good luck, but for future referance, if you do some researching
(FAQ's/archives, etc...), most basic configuration problems have
already been answered in many ways.  It helps if you read this stuff
b4 you install Linux  :-)

-Josh