You will be out of luck with that particular modem.  It is a 'winmodem'
style and will not work with Linux.  You may want to consider swapping
it out with an ISA model.  My solution was to hook up an external modem
to COM1 (/dev/ttys0).  Left my PCI internal in the computer.  I use it
for Win98 and the external for Linux.  At the price of external 56K
modems I kind of like my solution over others but you will need to
decide which is best for you.

Jim