On Sat, 01 Jan 2000, Etien T. VanDenBroecke wrote:
> Yes that is true, but it has been said that somewhere along the lines we all
> lost a year, so is it the year 2000 or the year 2001??  who knows, all that I
> know is that the media hype about the Y2K bug, looks like it turn out to be a
> big money making scam.......
>
> Anybody else agree?  Example:  three days ago a friend of mine heard on the radio
> that some fool went and purchased and re-wired his whole house, to on run
> generators for the Y2K blitz!!

Well, there are other reasons to have a generator....depending on
where you live, there may be winter storms that knock power out for
days at a time...or there's a possibility of a large solar flare
knocking out the electrical grid in an area for a few days like it
did about 10 or 11 years back in Canada.... but this is all WAY off
topic for Linux, so can we please drop this thread???
        Thanks...
        John