On Sat, 20 May 2000, Charles Comer wrote:
> Go to your local computer store (NOT Best Buy or CompUSA). Ask them, they
> will sell you a crossover cable. The pinouts are different compared to
> regular Cat. 5 cables with RJ45 jacks, but they look the same. But if you
> spend 15-30 bucks on a cheap hub, you will be able to expand yopu home-LAN
> later.

Aren't cheap hubs 10mbs? Figure $67 for a 10/100 fast ethernet hub/switch. How
much does it matter? I started with a couple of CNet 10/100 cards and a crossover cable
from Mwave.com for less than $25. I figured I didn't want to loose the speed I
had with the crossover and recently bought the D-Link 10/100 kit for $97
(10/100 switch and 2 10/100 NIC's with WOL).