Kit wrote:

> I have an old MOUSE SYSTEMS serial ISA card...
> with jumpers for setting IRQs and COM ports...
>
> so I assume...I can use this card to install a external modem...
>
> is this correct?
>
> if so, HOW do I do this for
> US Robotics  33.6  sportster
> external modem
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> ICQ# 7110071
>
> HomePage:
> http://kwg.virtualave.net/kwg
>
>       http://kompukit.dyndns.org
> (personal webserver,does NOT run 24/7)

The external modem knows nothing.  It's just connected to whatever you
set the port up as.  So, check your original system for serial ports.
Check the bios to find what it has setup for serial ports.  Then, setup
the serial card to NOT use any of those ports or irqs or addresses.
Once you have it setup, then just connect the modem to the port.  How
come you can't just connect the modem to a serial port already in your
system?