On Thursday, February 17, 2000, Kit wrote:

*       Will someone please tell me...HOW to fix a problem...I have with 6.1
everytime I click on
*       HOME (desktop) then go up to the next level...in order to MOUNT
either my CD drive or
*       HDA1 etc...after clicking on /mnt...it starts, but then it
freezes....and at this point, I have
*       to shutdown by pressing my power button on the PC.
*
*       I can't mount anything....please help

I may be misunderstanding you but it sounds like you're trying to mount your
CD by clicking on the /mnt/cdrom directory in your file manager window. If
this is the case, you need to mount it *before* you click on /mnt/cdrom.

You probably have an icon on your desktop labeled CDROM. Click on it to
mount your cdrom drive (after making certain you have a CD in the drive).
Once the drive is mounted try clicking on /mnt/cdrom. You should see the
files on the CD.

If I have misunderstood what you were saying, then the above probably does
not apply. :-)

--

Rick Friedman
Salant Corp. - MIS

"The closest place to heaven on earth is Yankee Stadium."