I'd never considered that root user would have a diferent nice level to
normal users. I've no idea why as the OS I used to use (VME) has a special
ID you can login to when the machine is so heavily stuffed that normal
users are hanging. Effectively running right up there with the kernel.

Saying that, if the suid bit is set and the process picks up the
permissions of root, will it not also pick up the niceness of root also?

Shoot me if I'm talking drivel here....

Steve Flynn
IBM MVS Operations Analyst

David van Balen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 16/02/2000 16:12:51

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]