DOH!

I think I've replied to a list mesasge and sent it to you by accident....
or something! I need a lie down! :)

Someone, I forget who, pointed out that mounting DOS partitions with the
user keyword in fstab should allow ANY userid on the box to write to them,
I was exclaiming that it sounds just about right to solve my problem of
being able to save files to my DOS partitions as root, but not as my normal
non-privelleged userid. Maybe you might nied to do something similar when
you mount your burner - after all, I guess you can burn to it as root, but
not as "normal" user.

I do recall someone who sounded knowledable (Denis?) on Friday saying
burning should always be done by root anyway, to ensure underruns don't
occur (or something!). However, at the moment, I can mount DOS partitions
but only root can write to them. You can mount your burner but only root
can write to it.... yeah?

If I can get this DOS partition mount to work for all users, it'll probably
be adaptable to your burner question.....

Am I making any sense? :)

Steve Flynn
IBM MVS Operations Analyst

Mike Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 21/02/2000 13:55:19

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]