> I knew that was the RPM you needed, because I had been missing the same
file as
> you! But I go through a process when finding a dependecy. First I go to
> rpmfind.net and go search for the name of whatever I happen to be missing
that
> day. Then if that gives a no go (like in this case, there is no
iostream.h.rpm
> file) then I fire up Google Linux (http://google.com/linux) and search for
it
> there. That usually works. So next time you're missing a file, just check
those
> places.

Thanks, Anthony.  I should have gone a few steps farther along my normal
fix-it path.  Sounds like we work a bit alike :-)

Sometimes after a certain number of aggravations / install-failures / et
cetera, though, it's easier to just ask for help.  I anticipate the day,
however, when I'll be in Linux where I am now in windows ... which is to say
someone who can answer most questions and even make a few bucks on the side
doing it.  I'm no guru, but I can get the job done.  That's all (I suspect)
MOST of us want to be with this OS:  able to do most anything we want to do
without too much research or troubleshooting.

I just reread your message before getting ready to hit the enter key - and
noticed you said "google.com.LINUX."  I didn't notice that the first time!
And I didn't know about that!  I will give that a try immediately! Thanks
for the great pointer...

By the way, using Windows 2000 Pro here on a Celeron 500 laptop with 128
megs ( as I write this I mean ) and it's only asked for a reboot once since
install (when I wanted to change some APM settings).  It installs like NT4
and looks like 98 gussied up a bit.  I need to learn this stuff so I won't
get lost when a customer asks me to fix something on their box, but as much
improved as it is, it still doesn't make me want to switch back (except for
games, and that will change soon enough.  I just this weekend got Quake III
going in Linux!  yay!)

thanks

dave