The i386 files run fine on a kernel that is  i586,
it is backwards compatible usually.

Get the common and communicator two files if you want email and newsgroups.
Get the common and navigator two files if you want a browser only.

Get the 4.72 files, not 4.7

Install the common first, which will uninstall the original also.
The install teh corresponding second one you need.

I run the Kpackage to do my work in Mandrake. Not the update facility.

netscape-common-4.72-6.i386.rpm (must have)

netscape-communicator-4.72-6.i386.rpm (email and browser and news)

netscape-navigator-4.72-6.i386.rpm (browser only)

I use these files on a MacMillan 6.0 system which is i586.

steve