Murray Strome wrote:

> I can add new applications to the KDE desktop OK.  However, when I want to
> select an Icon for it, I am given a choice (I don't know where they come
> from).  I would like to use something more representative of the actual
> application (like the "real" WordPerfect and StarOffice Icons).  Anyone know
> how to do this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Murray Strome

I had to do this with Opera and others.
First you may want to search the directory where you installed  for a   .xpm
file.
That, if there is one, may be the icon that isn't installed correctly.  If you
find one click on it  to view it in Icon Editor.  If it looks good, move it to
/usr/share/icons   and it will be available in your icon choices.

You can draw one with Icon Editor and save it in the mentioned folder.

Or what I do is find the apps icon in their docs or webpage.  Take a screenshot
with  Gimp, crop the icon out of it trying to get it roughly square, then
resize it to 32x32.  Name it and save it to your /usr/share/icons  and you're
done.
Just remember to give it an .xpm  extension  and make sure its  32x32.

Gene