I have not gotten my External Parallel Port ZIP Drive to work yet either.
 Will advise you though in your addition to 'fstab' file:

        /dev/hdd       /mnt/zipdisk        vfat    user,noauto,rw       0 0
                     ^
                error
        /dev/hdb

if your ZIP is an internal external I am not too sure.  The "hdd" is
telling your system it is the 3rd Hard Drive or in Windows 'D' drive.  In
Linux your floppy drive is not in the same category as the HD's, in Linux
it is Identified as 'fpx' (x=1,2,3,4 a digit).  Your first HD is 'a',
second HD is 'b', third HD is 'c', etcetera.  Most newer systems can
handle up to 4 HD's with out having to use an additional Controller.  I
am sure most of you are aware of this, I just want to show I do know
somthing, even though it may not be of much help.

don
                    I thought I knew that I knew what I thought
                    But now I know that what I thought I knew
                    Isn't what I know I think I thought I knew.

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:04:39 -0500 (EST) Idris S Hamid
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I am having trouble getting the zip drive recognized in
> Mandrake 7.0. Here is what I get:
>
> # modprobe ppa
> /lib/modules/2.2.14-15mdksecure/scsi/ppa.o: init_module: Device or
> resource busyparport: Device or resource busy
>
> modprobe imm gives the same message (though I have a 100M drive so
> modpobe ppa should be correct).
>
> I added the following line to /etc/fstab:
> /dev/hdd       /mnt/zipdisk        vfat    user,noauto,rw       0 0
>
> Please advise, thanks a lot!
>
> Best wishes
> Idris

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!