Oh, and while I'm at it. Truth be told, I've only read messages that
seemed pertinent, and dumped all the rest. So another question:
    Why does Mandrake 7.0 (Linux in general?) seem to run slower
than Windows95 when running the same application? That is, why
does a video file run some much slower when using an application
that has been compiled for Windows95 *and* Linux? Why does the
"Flight of the Bumblebee" seem to be the "Flight of the Stumblebee" ?

Mani