Good morning everyone...
Thanks a lot for ur reply... :)

hi seve...
well... i wasn't running any special services when i
experienced these crashes!! have a look for urself! :)

>KDE: I was opening 2 windows of Netscape. And
>suddenly, the whole system freezed! I just could move
>the mouse! but i can't do anything! I had to press
>ctrl+alt+backspace to log out! and it worked!

I was just running Netscape!

>KDE: I pressed Log Out, the screen turned black, and
>couldn't Do any thing! i had to press "Reset"

Nothing special! just the terminal, i think!

>Xfce3: It was my first time to even see it! i just
>used it for 15 seconds!! :) i pressed the button with
>the penguin, and the whole system freezed!! I had to
>press "reset"

Nothing was running at all!! I had just logged in! :)

>Gnome: I was just moving around... It suddenly made a
>GPF, and told me that this may be due to a bug, and
>they gave some email to report at! (this is not
really
>serious, as it didn't really crash the system!)

Guess i was playing some KDE games!! :)

Hmmm.. about my version... i dunno its precise number!
but it is the version that came with PC PLUS this
month! :)

Thank u for ur help...

Have a nice day...

Urs forever..