On Sat, 27 May 2000, you wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have ony found a UDMA/66 Driver at promise.com for Linux RedHat.
> But how to make Linux Mandrake 7.0 recognizing my Ultra66 controller?
> And why doesn't W98 need to recognize it even without any drivers?
> The same at DOS. It needs nothing...
> W2000 has the UDMA/66 Driver, Linux doesn't... WHY?

You are comparing apples to oranges. Win/dos is a completely different OS as
compared to Linux so it's not fair to ask why something will work in one and not
the other.

You haven't given us much to work on here .... did you get Linux installed or
did you get an error saying that it can't find your hard drive during install?

Help is available just let me know where your at.

Jay