Bryan Kim wrote:

> How do you get kde sounds to work? My sound card is a creative labs awe64, and
> I set up both the sound card and the midi player. Playmidi, cd player, and play
> all work. Play in particular can play the .wav files that come with KDE. Thanks
> for your help.

If you use the KDE desktop, go to settings ,  sounds, system sounds, and you can
select from a nice menu of .wav files. Select from the left menu the function and
then select from the right menu the sound, and with 12 you get eggroll.   Hit
apply and ok and don't forget the little check box in the upper left to activate
the system sounds.  Happy hearing!   Dennis