|-----Original Message-----

Yes, you must configure Samba (/etc/smb.conf) so that your Linux machine is
a member or server on the same network as your other machines.

|2.     How do I configure the SAMBA Server so that it can access
|the NETBIOS resources?  I've tried various combinations of
|TCP/IP and NETBIOS names and numbers, but none seem to work.

Basically edit /etc/smb.conf and restart the samba server software...

Since you have NT machines, you'll need to use a Domain Controller (PDC).

Samba will act as a PDC for your network, but you must set it up to do so.

If one of your NT machines is your PDC, then you'll have to point Samba to
it.

You'll also have to configure encrypted passwords...

| Has anybody actually done this, so that you can either
|tell me how to do it or where to go to find out?

Yes it works fine (don't know about Warp though...)

There are several books now out on Integrating Samba and Windows Networks
which are invaluable.

Also see attachment in PRIV message I sent you...

-JMS