Hi, all --

I have, for some time, been trying to figure out how to use my Linux box to access files and printers on my NT and Warp Server
networks. The obvious answer is SAMBA. As one who does not like to bother my colleagues on this list, I wanted to go to
www.samba.org first to see how to configure SAMBA, but navigating the site is next to impossible.

Questions:

1. I assume that the SAMBA Server goes on the Linux box that is trying to access NETBIOS resources. Is this correct?
2. How do I configure the SAMBA Server so that it can access the NETBIOS resources? I've tried various combinations of
TCP/IP and NETBIOS names and numbers, but none seem to work. Has anybody actually done this, so that you can either
tell me how to do it or where to go to find out?

Thanks.

pete

Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, Ohio, 44115
Voice: [216] 687-4820
Fax: [216] 523-7200