At 03:11 PM 11/1/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Ok, I have been through two different configure setups, one from
>Linuxnewbie and
>
>the other from  a book called "Mastering Linux". Neither of which reflects
>the current
>
>Samba 2.0.7 that I am using and I have also looked at the mandrake site.
>Anyone know of
>
>a good source to guide me through setting up Samba? I'm close but can't
>quite get
>
>there with the available info. Swat won't make the changes for me. I get a
>error
>
>message that says My computer is not authorized access. Should I have been
>in root and
>
>not gone to a browser as a plain ole user?  Advise is, as usual, always
>welcome.
>
>--
>Dennis M. a registered Linux user #180842

Yes if you have not figured that out you have to be root to write to things
in the /etc dir. So you would have to run swat as root.

As for another good source for info. Have you hit the ORiely book website
yet. Their using Samba book is also available for download in HTML or PDF
format.

Good luck.. I have done the same.

James Schofield
Linux user and loving it! Mandrake 7.1/Storm(Hail)/SusE 7.0
"Trouble is where  you find it, sooo stop looking for me!"