It's okay...alan...I just got a Post back from
[EMAIL PROTECTED] this problem...
below, is his reply:

         Re: [newbie] I can't believe it
     Date:
         Sat, 17 Jun 2000 17:39:24 +0200 (CEST)
    From:
         Denis HAVLIK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      To:
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

:~>> KompuKit....I don't believe that an uppercase 'N' could
:~>> possibly be your problem.  Capitalization is irrelevant
when
:~>> it comes to email addresses.  This message is addressed in
all
:~>> lowercase.
:~>
:~>I think Kompukit is on to something. My posts weren't
appearing on the
:~>list either, but when I used the capital N they do appear.
:~>
:~>Now I see my screensaver post finally made it to the list,
two days
:~>after I posted it with a small n.

sympa thinks it is another list of same priority but with only a
few
messages - so you get messages to "Newbie" processed faster.
Until
everyone starts using Newbie, then "newbie" will become faster
:-)

Dr. Denis Havlik                <
http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
Mandrakesoft            |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quality Assurance      (@ @)    (private: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
-------------------oOO--(_)--OOo---------------------
visit our new discusion forum: http://linuxpole.com

Alan Shoemaker wrote:

> KompuKit....replying to myself here (argh!).  Judging from the
> time it took this message to arrive back in my mail I guess
> that the uppercase 'N' is related to somehow slowing down the
> time it takes for the sick old server running this list to
> send back out the email it receives.  I've sent messages after
> this one but addressed with an uppercase 'N' instaed of with a
> lower case 'n'and it was back in my mail within an hour.  All
> while this message was languishing someplace on the tired old
> server (Wed, Thur, Fri & Sat.) for 4 days.
>
> I think maybe a higher priority needs to be placed on fixing
> this problem.

           Registered Linux User:73821
Kit Goins                              ICQ# 7110071
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           Lowell, Mass.
Web Designer      http://kitdesigns.bizhosting.com
WebServer:        http://kompukit.dyndns.org
(Server Runs between M-F 6pm-12am,S+S 12pm-12am EST)