Hi Joe,

Linux is so much better at sharing internet connections
than windows...why not use the Linux box for that?

If you need to use the Win98SE ... you will probably
have to use proxies.  So much cleaner with ipchains.
No proxies server...just pass/allow and deny as needed.

Much easier, at least I think so.  There is an ipchains
howto out there that explains it, if you are interested
in switching.

But if not, you will have to figure out the different proxies
and set up proxies for your connection.

There may be one other problem...I think the Win98SE
internet sharing is only between Win98SE machines.
I think I remember hearing that if you had a Win95/98 or
Win3.x on your network that they would have to be
upgraded or not be able to share the network with
the Win98SE machine.  They may have fixed this,
but I believe that is how it is.

When I was in Win98, I opted for Proxyserver by
AnalogX, very cool program.  And since we had
several email addresses, we used older version
of Wingate (single user was free).  Linux box, Win95,
and a Win3.x were configured to use the proxies as
laid out in Wingate and Proxyserver.  It was all free.

So much easier now with ipchains...and it doesn't
cost anything either.

Just a few thoughts on it...but remember, I too am
a newbie.

Bambi