hi, and what a useful answer!

this is exactly the stuff that the books i have looked at assumed i
already knew!

i have to admit though, that i'm a bit worried about needing so much
memory for my 486, i keep reading about how such machines make good
firewalls for smalltime users like me but i don't think my 486  can have
64meg!

thanks again

bascule