Paul wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Roman Korcek wrote:
>
> >2. And second - I would love to access my CD-ROM, but it doesn't work.
> >A copy of my fstab and mtab files is included several lines below (in
> >my original mail).
> >
> >I can't mount the CD-ROM neither using (I think it was like this)
> >mount -t iso9660 -o user,ro,exec /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
> >nor using "supermount" as filesystem - as it was defined after
> >installation.
> >
> >My CD-ROM is on secondary master, if it helps.
>
> > /mnt/cdrom      /mnt/cdrom      supermount exec,dev,suid,rw,fs=iso9660 0 0
>
> In my fstab the cdrom statement looks like this:
>
> /mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom 0 0
>
> That works fine. If your CDRom is secondary master, the /dev/cdrom should
> point to /hdb. Can you verify that this is the case by running

This also works for me.  But my CDROM is also secondary master and is
pointed to by /hdc.  /hda being my HDD.

> ls -l /dev/cdrom

This returns

        lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            3 May  4 09:49 /dev/cdrom ->
hdc

for me

> If this fails, you should define a new link to it:
>
> ln /dev/cdrom /hdb

I would therefore need to use ln /dev/cdrom /hdc instead if it needed.

--
Steve - Cheltenham, UK
---------