Hi Roman,

Hmmm...I used to have MDK7.0 installed but I am using MDK7.1 which
offers
a button called MouseDrake to change your mouse driver.

When you pressed Cntrl+Alt+Backspace, were you able to see your mouse
pointer?
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the "WinMouse 4D+" a.k.a.
"WWW-11".

I'm gonna have to let Charles, Denis or Paul take over. How about guys?

Roman

Roman Korcek wrote:

> Hey Roman,
>
> Thanx very much for your reply. Though you offer solutions, they're
> not quite for my problems. I'll try to write more clearly this time.
>
> 1. I have a "WinMouse 4D+" a.k.a. "WWW-11". I am using the "Generic
> Mouse (PS/2)" driver. With this driver the mouse cursor sometimes
> jumps to the upper right hand corner and also behaves as if I would be
> clicking the mouse buttons. I think it is because I selected the wrong
> driver.
>
> How do I *change* the mouse driver, please ?
>
> No re-login, login as another user, login as root, login in console
> mode, login to KDE - nothing helps.
>
> 2. And second - I would love to access my CD-ROM, but it doesn't work.
> A copy of my fstab and mtab files is included several lines below (in
> my original mail).
>
> I can't mount the CD-ROM neither using (I think it was like this)
> mount -t iso9660 -o user,ro,exec /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
> nor using "supermount" as filesystem - as it was defined after
> installation.
>
> My CD-ROM is on secondary master, if it helps.
>
> If you know how to help, thanx in advance.
>
> Roman
>
> > I have MDK7.1 and noticed that when I selected Intellimouse PS/2 it jumped
> > across the top of the screen. If you encounter this, hold down the following
> > keys: Cntrl+Alt+Backspace
> > This should get you back to the kde prompt and log in again.
> > The sensitivity settings are ....well... very sensitive. Personally, I keep
> > the settings low or off.
>
> > Using RpmDrake
> > When using Rpmdrake:
> > A) Single click on the icon and choose the file of interest and click on the
> > install bar
> > B) You will be prompted by small window asking you to insert cdrom1.
> > C) If you do not place the installation CD in the tray, your rpm file will
> > not install
> > D) Try not to double-click too fast because it will call up an installation
> > from cdrom1, cdrom2,
> > If you have overclicked, close the cdromx windows prompt
>
> > Check to see if your mouse is supported on the linux-mandrakesoft.com web
> > page.
>
> > Roman
> > Registered Linux User 179293

begin:vcard
n:#179293;Roman
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
note:Roman - Register Linux User #179293
fn:Roman - Register Linux User #179293
end:vcard